My two-year-old ate a slice of this pie all by herself. This mom was super excited she had made two and put one in the freezer:) It’s a great way to eat vegetables for breakfast. Feel free to shred fresh zucchini and freeze for a future pie if you’ve got way too much and not enough pie ingredients or thaw your freshly frozen zucchini and use (click here for the tutorial). Either way is winner in my recipe book because my toddlers and I love this pie for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (King Aurthur)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 10 oz shredded zucchini, water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup green onions. sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or low-fat feta
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan, mozzarella or cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, milk, oil, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add vegetables and 1/2 cup cheese choice. Pour into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with 2 T. cheese choice.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center.
- Let it stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Cool completely before freezing whole . Wrap tightly with foil. Thaw overnight. Reheat with foil for 30 minutes or until hot.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy zucchini?