Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have doubled and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). I shop my freezer to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after dinner, I will glance at my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box. Here is what I’m thawing this week…
- Chicken Braid made with convenience chicken, frozen vegetables, macaroni and cheese(I always make a whole pound of macaroni noodles and freeze the other half for later-how about the weekend?) AND yes, this is Valentine’s Day and love is in the air-I have brioche dough rising-from the Arisan cookbook-homemade doughnuts for the kiddos and fantansy fudge for my husband-I make it once a year! I think fundge can be frozen and I’m going to try it since there is so much of it.
Happy Valentine’s Day. 16 From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. (John 1:16, NLT) May we love others because He first loved us!
- Potato soup and Artisan Bread (I may not be able to handle soup if the week continues to be in the 60′s-:)
- Maybe GRILLED hamburgers, homemade tator tots (new recipe)
- Maybe GRILLED Chicken Fajitas (marinated in the freezer), chips and salsa
- Cinnamon bread for breakfast (I need to post this-I make from the Olive Oil Artisan Dough too)
I’m going out of town on Friday for a writer’s conference so I’m thawing these items for the family to have a variety. Of course, Dad will take them to Chick-fil-A, too. Please say a small prayer of strength and endurance for my husband while I’m away. I’m blessed to have him.
- Thin crust pizza
- Meatball Calzones
- hotdogs and macaroni (We like the Hebrew National; I stock up and put them in the freezer when they are BOGOF)
My youngest son turned three this week and the baby is still doing her best trying to crawl. When she has a desire to move forward, she gets into the rocking motion and then belly flops. Poor baby!
More ideas on Laura’s Menu Plan Monday. How did your freezer cooking go this past week?