Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
We rotate leftovers, wraps, sandwiches and salads for lunch.
As you can tell below, I’m stocking my freezer almost daily. Some times I double/triple a couple of items in a power cooking session. Most days I’d rather double what I’m already cooking for dinner and freeze extra. It’s the way I cook and freeze without having to spend six hours or an entire day freezer cooking for a month. This system works best for my busy lifestyle with four children and a husband at home during the summer.
- Southern Cube Steak, freezer mashed potatoes (double and freeze extra), fresh green beans
- Shrimp fried brown rice (I’ve had this on my menu for three weeks) cooking 2 pounds of brown rice, freezing extra, habachi zucchini and onions
- Philly Steak Sandwiches (yes, this has been on it for two weeks), Alexia sweet potato fries
- Salmon Patties, homefries, southern cornbread (freezing half), salad
- California style steak fajitas from shoebox fajita marinade (doubling and freezing convenience steak), crock pot black beans (cooking 2 pounds for freezer black bean burgers) and mexican rice
- Freezer Black bean burgers (prepping and freezing 16), salad, tortilla chips, pico de gallo
- Taco Salad with sneaky taco meat and homemade ranch dressing
- Real vanilla ice cream sundae bar
- Homemade Granola Bars (doubling and freezing extra)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread (doubling and freezing two loaves)