Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
We rotate leftovers, wraps, sandwiches and salads for lunch.
As you can tell below, I’m stocking my freezer as I cook daily. Some times I double/triple a couple of items in a power cooking session. Most days I’d rather double my what I’m already cooking anyway and freeze extra. It’s the way I cook and freeze without having to spend six hours or an entire day freezer cooking for a month. This system works best for my busy lifestyle.
And now I’m even busier with all four plus their friends at the
pool home everyday. I’m blessed to have plenty of time with them while I know I have a healthy meal prepared in advance. We’re planning another camping trip and getting ready to go to the beach for vacation and you bet we’re taking our own healthy freezer meals! I’ll keep you posted.
- Meatball Subs (with homemade frozen meatballs), hashbrowns
- Black Bean and Corn quesadillas (with frozen black beans), carrots, pico de gallo, tortilla chips
- Nachos Grande with sneaky taco meat, pico de gallo
- Salmon patties, Artisan bread with olive oil dipping sauce like Carrabbas, crock pot baked potatoes, hibachi zucchini and squash with onions
- Beef BBQ (crock pot roast shredded with balsamic sauce-double and freeze sauce), stir-fry veges
- Southwest Burgers, sweet potato fries, spinach salad with homemade Greek dressing
- Spicy Mexican Shrimp Skewers (from the Kiwi Cookbook-(look out for the giveaway this week), brown rice (cook 2 pounds, freeze extra), spinach salad