Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory. Here’s what I’m thawing this week…
- Italian Sticky chicken, frozen green beans, frozen brown rice, homemade bread
- Spinach enchiladas (new freezer recipe this week), salad
- Italian Beef sandwiches, sweet potatoes
- Breakfast bar for dinner-local sausage, sour cream pancakes, frozen blueberries, whipped cream,backyard eggs from our Chicken Project
- Chicken Stromboli, hibachi zucchini
- Baked Spaghetti with frozen meatballs (new freezer recipe this week), salad, garlic bread
- Asian honey beef stir-fry, hibachi zucchini, frozen brown rice
- whole wheat chocolate chip cookies
What are you freezer cooking this week? I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
This is linked to Freezer Cooking Round up and Menu Plan Monday.