Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I’ve doubled and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). I shop my freezer inventory sheet to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after dinner, I will glance at my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box. Here’s what I’m thawing this week…
- Grilled hamburgerson homemade sandwich thins (I’m making a new batch, docked with oatmeal on top) , hashbrowns, salad
- Grilled Chicken, salad, baked potatoes (I have 50# of chicken coming this week. My plan is to marinate some, grill some for convenience chicken and make some mozzarella chicken roll ups. I’ll post the recipes when I get it done).
- Black bean casserole for mission meal, salad
- Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, garlic breadstick from olive oil dough brushed with Carrabbas olive oil sauce
- Breakfast bar for dinner-sour cream pancakes-double batch for the freezer, turkey bacon, strawberries, scrambled eggs
- grilled hotdogs (yes, store-bought Hebrew National-I stock up when they are BOGOF) on homemade hotdog buns using olive oil dough, peppers and onions, tortilla chips, pico de gallo
- Whole wheat chocolate chip cookies
What’s on your menu?