Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). I shop my freezer, from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory. Here’s what I’m thawing this week…
- Lemon Chicken braid made from convenience chicken and frozen brioche dough, twice baked potatoes, green beans
- Zucchini and Cheese turkey burgers (freezing 8-recipe coming this week) on homemade sandwich thins, carrot sticks
- Chicken fajitas, peppers and onions, black bean and corn salad (recipe coming this week)
- Asian Pasta Stir-fry (recipe coming soon), salad, pineapple
- Pinto Bean (prepared and frozen like black beans-freeze extra for chili) and cheese tostadas, salad, brown rice prepared with frozen broth
- Italian Beef Sandwiches, cheesy potato skins
- Grilled Italian Chicken, salad, homemade naan made with 5 minute artisan dough
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Cake (recipe posted this week)
- English muffins made with Artisan dough
Menu linked to Menu Plan Monday.
I’m trying several new freezer recipes this week. Do you have any tried and true freezer recipes you can link up? Please share the link in the comments.