Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
We rotate leftovers, sandwiches, salads and wraps for lunch.
Dinner this week:
- Ranch cheddar burgers, salad with homemade ranch
- Tuna salad sandwiches with world’s easiest boiled eggs, frozen pasta fagioli soup
- Crock pot baked potato soup, salad with homemade balsamic dressing
- Shredded Steak and Cheese on Homemade Subs, carrots and homemade ranch
- Chicken Ranch Pizza, salad with balsamic dressing
- Texas Black Bean Soup, Artisan Bread with olive oil dipping sauce like Carrabbas
We had a blessed week serving the homeless at the shelter on Valentine’s Day. I can’t wait to share it with you later this week. I received a blessing of a new camera to replace my stolen one. God is good and I’m grateful to continue to share new recipes, camping adventures, holidays, mission meals and more with you.
I hope your week is blessed and filled with love for others.