Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
We rotate leftovers, wraps, sandwiches and salads for lunch.
- Homemade Baked Chicken Tenders (recipe coming this week), green beans, red potatoes, salad
- Ranch Cheddar burgers, grilled potato skins, carrots
- Three cheese No boil Manicotti, salad, crock pot Artisan bread
- Crock pot Ranch Beef Stew, whole grain breaded okra, freezer mashed potatoes
- Applegate hotdogs, sauteed onions and peppers, sunchips and grapes
- Three pizza pie kit using frozen shredded chicken, salad
- 5-minute tacos from frozen taco meat, pintos and cheese, carrots
- Homemade Pimento Cheese
- Homemade Ice cream and dark chocolate brownies (recipe coming this week)
- Protein Power Bites (for the freezer)
- Crock pot apple sauce (recipe coming this week)
What are you cooking and freezing this week?