Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
We rotate leftovers, wraps, sandwiches and salads for lunch.
- Crock pot Chickadilla Soup, homestyle cornbread
- Tuna sandwiches, baked potato skins from crock pot potatoes
- Freezer Black Beans and brown rice, cheese in homemade tortillas
- Homemade Chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese sandwiches
- Baked Potato soup from crock pot potatoes earlier in the week (doubling, freezing extra) homestyle cornbread
- Tortellini Soup, black bean burger wraps
- Frozen beef tips with mushroom gravy, freezer mashed potatoes reheated this way
Snacks and Desserts:
- Whole Wheat Chocolate chip cookies (doubling and freezing extra)
- Crocking a whole pumpkin and freezing for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
What’s on your freezer cooking menu this week?