Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
We rotate leftovers, sandwiches, salads and wraps for lunch.
Dinner this week:
- Breakfast for Dinner: freezer waffles, turkey bacon, fried eggs, strawberries
- Southwest Chili, chips, cheese
- Crock pot Hamburger Vegetable Soup, healthier biscuits
- Chicken and broccoli braid, salad
- Crock pot no-boil ziti, frozen asparagus
- Stromboli, salad with balsamic dressing
- Black bean and corn quesadillas, leftover salad
What are you freezer cooking this week?