Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
- We rotate leftovers, sandwiches, salads and wraps for lunch.
Dinner this week:
- crock pot broccoli cheddar soup, salad with balsamic dressing, grilled cheese on shoebox sandwich bread for kiddos
- Quinoa, Black Bean and Corn Tacos, tortilla chips and pico de gallo, salad with avocado
- cheesy hashbrown potatoes, fried eggs, kielbasa, cantelope
- homemade pimento cheese on shoe box sandwich bread, cucumber salsa and tortilla chips
- Snacks: Banana Peanut Butter Bites and Healthier kettle corn
It’s been a whirlwind of a week with my 3-day room makeover for my tween moving into a teen. I took advantage of my daughter going on a school trip for three days to surprise her with a freshly painted room and new accessories. I managed to pull it off with about two hours to spare. My album of my Goodwill trash to treasures and awesome finds from bulk bins at our local fabric store are here. You may have to “friend” me on facebook to view.
I also did a two hour makeover on our front porch, complete with DIY “no sew” swing cushion and other small cushions, free Internet printables and freshly painted planters. I’ll post these pictures later this week with our next DIY project.
Mywonderful husband is building our first outdoor clothes line and we’re moving into the back yard area to makeover. I can’t believe how many awesome ideas are on Pinterest. I’ve been pinning a lot if you want to follow us on Pinterest here.
I have great hopes to trysix new recipes this week. What am I thinking, right? I hope your week is beautiful and blessed and I receive such joy hearing from some of you via email and comments. Thank you for sharing.
What blessing have you received this week?