Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
Dinner this week (a few meals carried over from last week):
- Healthier biscuits, frozen crock pot applesauce, fried eggs, navel oranges
- Tortellini soup, leftover biscuits
- Blackened shrimp and pasta, salad
- Spaghetti with sneaky (acorn squash)crock pot marinara, 2 loaves Artisan bread, olive oil dipping sauce like Carrabbas, salad
- Crock pot mac and cheese, salmon patties, edamame
- Three Pie pizza kit, baby carrots
- Sneaky taco tostada, pintos and cheese
What are you cooking and freezing this week?