Do you have an easy favorite recipe using leftover potatoes? This is one of my standby recipes I make with extra baked potatoes. I use leftovers from the oven, crock pot or microwave. That’s why I always make extra potatoes for recipes like this one. It’s basically homemade home fries with turkey kielbasa. We love the flavors and colors of the peppers and onions. Of course garlic makes everything taste better.
If you don’t have any potatoes made ahead, you can always quickly microwave them. The cold potato is easier to fry without falling a part. You could substitute leftover ham instead. Either way it’s a tasty way to utilize your leftovers.
It’s perfect with scrambled eggs or a salad for a complete meal. Enjoy it hot from a cast iron skillet if you have one! A large skillet will work too.
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, miced or pressed
- 3 large potatoes, cooked and cooled cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 red, yellow or green pepper, sliced
- 1 package turkey kielbasa sliced on a diagonal
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat and add garlic cloves.
- Fry potatoes on all sides until brown. Add peppers and onions and saute until done.
- Remove from heat and keep warm with foil.
- Saute turkey in the same skillet and brown on both sides.
- Add vegetables and toss. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
What’s your favorite way to serve leftover baked potatoes?