Here’s a sub I whipped up from my freezer in 15-minutes. I’ve featured it before as a shredded beef or Italian beef sandwich, but I decided to add the peppers and onions while I cooked the meat. The end result was delicious. We enjoy ours on a toasted hoagie roll with mozzarella or provolone cheese and shredded lettuce.
Here’s the easy crock pot recipe which I serve one night and freeze the rest.
Friendly freezing reminders:
- Label and date quart size bags
- Cool beef completely before bagging (meat can be refrigerated and bagged the next day)
- Freeze with some of the cooking juice so the meat is not dry
- Gently squeeze out the air
- Freeze flat
Sub Prep Tips:
- Toast or broil the hoagie roll before piling on meat
- Heat the beef on the stove-top or microwave (I use the microwave for about 5 minutes)
- Shred the beef with two forks and pile it as desired
- Top with mozzarella shreds or sliced provolone
- Broil or high until melted
- Serve with shredded lettuce or steak sauce or marinara for dipping on the side
What’s your favorite way to eat a steak and cheese sub?