You should have seen my three-year-old’s eyes become saucers when I told him we were having snowflakes for dessert.
Are you looking for a craft to do with your kiddos while they’re out of school? If you’ve made paper snowflakes before in school, you can make these with tortillas and hey, they’re already cut into a circle for you:)
Ever since I’ve seen this idea from moneysavingmom and ourbestbites, I’ve been wanting to share this craft with my kids. I finally did and this will be a repeat for us.
Snowflake Tortillas (big or small tortillas work)
- Microwave cold tortillas for a minute to make them pliable.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fold the circle into fourths and cut the pieces just like a paper snowflake.
- Place on a foil lined or sprayed cookie sheet.
- Brush both sides with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until desired crispness (ours like them crunchy).\