So, my summer fruit love affair continues! ❤️
This summer pie is fresh, light, and absolutely delicious and topped with the most amazing homemade caramel peach sauce. So yes, I am definitely in love with this one! ?
And If you’ve never had a crumble topping on a pie before, you’re in for a treat. The blend of brown sugar, cinnamon, flour and butter with sliced almonds makes for a crunchy topping that brings out the best in the pie ?
For the pie crust
( refer to the cherry pie crust on the feed)
For the filling:
* 5 large peaches, sliced
* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon lime juice
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* In a bowl, mix peaches, sugar, lime juice and cornstarch and set aside.
For the crumble:
* 1 cup flour
* 2 tablespoon chopped almonds
* 1/2 cup butter
* 2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
* 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, almond, sugars and cinnamon.
* Drizzle melted butter and use your fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbles form.
* Now to assemble the pie, roll out the dough on a floured surface and place it onto a 8’’ pie pan. Spread the filling and top it with the crumble.
* For best results, refrigerate this for 15- 20 minutes and then bake for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and some peach caramel sauce.?