There’s nothing like an easy no-boil pasta meal that satisfies a family of six and five guests. This week I made three pans of this easy prep lasagna and delivered two to a friend with cancer. She was able to eat one and freeze the other. I saved mine for Friday night dinner. It sure came in handy when my daughter had two friends over and my husband invited another family over for an impromptu dinner. We feasted on two loaves of Artisan bread from a shoe box, olive oil dipping sauce like Carrrabbas, tossed salad with homemade ranch dressing and whole wheat chocolate chip cookies for dessert. We even had leftovers!
Without further due, here is this easy to make cheesy lasagna with no meat to brown. I promise you won’t miss it, but feel free to add a 1/2 pound if you are trying to satisfy a meat eater in the house. I won’t mention who. My husband is just fine without it and doesn’t complain.
- 1 (9 ounce) box of barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (24 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar or can spaghetti or pasta sauce (I use homemade marinara or Hunts)
- Combine 2 cups mozzarella, cottage, eggs,Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spread about 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of a 9 x 13 pan
- Spread about 1/3 of the cheese filling over the sauce and top with three noodles.
- Layer the sauce, cheese and noodles two more times.
- End the layers with the sauce and remaining 1 cup cheese and parmesan. Add 1/4 cup water to the sauce jar/can and shake with the lid if necessary to stretch the sauce and cover the pasta.
- Label foil with directions: Thaw 24 hours. Bake 350 1 hour covered, stand 10 minutes.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray on the cheese side. Freeze or bake.
Who could you bless with this easy prep meal this week?