Whenever I head out the door with a ministry meal or bag of items, I will link the tips, recipes and ideas to enable you to be a “Mom on a Mission,” too. This week I was blessed to give a gym buddy a bag of goodies for her family of five. She’s been on my heart lately and I decided it was time to take action and start a meal schedule at takethemameal.com.
You can read about my review and comments about this fantastic website here. It’s an amazing tool which works far better than trying to email different people to sign up for a meal.
A cooling rack helps support the items on top of the lasagna, while the frozen bread and soup keeps the items chilled. I carry the bag on it’s side and present it to my friend with a hand written card of encouragement.
Here’s what I included in my bag of meals in less than thirty minutes:
- No Boil Cheesy Lasagna ($6 meal that comes together in less than 10 minutes)
- Shoe box sandwich bread (I almost always have one in the freezer because I make three at a time)
- Southwest eggrolls (frozen and ready for pan saute or grilling)
- Gluten Free Bread (Wal-mart purchase)
- Spinach salad (doubled and made one for us while I was prepping)
- Southwest soup (frozen, served as a great ice pack)
It’s such a blessing to be able to give to others, especially when you have a freezer full of food. Ministry meals come together quickly when you’re doubling your own meals every time you bake or cook.
Have you given a ministry meal lately?