Do you love fresh peaches? This fresh peach ice cream is the perfect summer dessert for you. We love the fresh taste and beautiful natural color. It’s easy to enjoy as a fresh real milk shake or freeze firmer for a couple of hours for a firmer texture. Either way it’s a delicious summer treat if you enjoy peaches.
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled and cut into small bite-size chunks
- 3 tablespoons, freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches and lemon juice and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Allow peaches to macerate for 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the milk and remaining 2/3 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in half and half and vanilla.
- Turn machine on and pour mixture in. Add peaches the last 5 minutes.
- Freeze ice cream for about two hours for firmer ice cream or enjoy as a shake if you like.
What’s your favorite homemade ice cream? Have you tried basic real vanilla ice cream? It’s versatile with any fruit, chopped candy bar or crushed cookie.