We have this wonderful Greek restaurant in our town that serves the best gyros and Greek dressing ever. I’ve finally duplicated the chicken gyro recipe and dressing and I rarely return, unless I don’t feel like cooking. This is an easy dry mix that I triple and stow on the side of the freezer door and I have the convenience of making homemade, healthy dressing without preservatives or additives any time. Sorry, Kraft…
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use raw)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Mix ingredients in a quart size freezer bag. Seal and shake to distribute spices. Label and store on the side of freezer door.
- For dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup vinegar, 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, and 3 tablespoons of the dry mix in a large glass measuring cup.
- Add 3 tablespoons reduced fat feta cheese, optional.
- Store prepared dressing in refrigerator in sealed bottle or shaker. Allow dressing to come to room temperature before serving. Shake well and serve on salads, chicken, vegetables or use as a marinade.
Can’t you just taste this dressing? Come back tomorrow for my homemade gyro recipe.
What’s your favorite Greek recipe?