Photo Credit by Jif
Here’s a cute freezable idea, of course. Now we have chopsticks on hand at my house, due to my heritage. Just in case you need a pair, swing by a Chinese take-out and grab a pair to include in your child’s lunch box. My take on this fun project: make it healthy with REAL ingredients and make it worthwhile by freezing extra. Then you can do it a couple of times during the month with very little effort. Thaw and pack. Don’t forget chopstick–it’s sushi!
The recipe included suggested name brands, but here’s how I would make it:
- 2 tablespoons All Natural Peanut butter without hydrogenated oils
- 2 tablespoons low sugar or all natural fruit juice pectin Jam, Jelly or Preserves of your choice
- 2 slices whole wheat bread without high fructose
- REMOVE crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.
- SPREAD 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon fruit spread on each slice of bread
- ROLL each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
What do you freeze and pack for lunch?