I made my own Sesame Chicken Freezer Kit for the crock pot and it delicious and easy. It’s so fun to make without a bowl and spoon I just have to share.
I started with bite-size portions of boneless chicken breasts and tossed it in a gallon size bag with flour. Seal the bag and grab the corners while flipping the bag over and over on your counter; watch the pieces magically coat themselves. The sauce bag easily holds liquid ingredients when it sits inside a glass measuring cup for support.
Now that was easy. I gently kneading the sauce until well mixed. Both bags are labeled and ready to go into my freezer.
Cooking Day: The kit should be thawed in a Cooking Day: The kit should be thawed in a thawing box (plastic shoe box in the fridge) and ready to drop into the crock pot. I add some water to the sauce to cover the chicken. Cook on low up to five or six hours until the chicken is done and the sauce will thicken as it cooks.
Wow, it’s ready to eat without a skillet, bowl and no prep work on cooking day. That’s my kind of meal. Better yet, I’ve got Wow, it’s ready to eat without a skillet, bowl and no prep work on cooking day. That’s my kind of meal. Better yet, I’ve got cooked brown rice in my thawing box as well. I can reheat for five minutes and serve it with a side of veges for a complete meal in about 5 minutes. Woot!
- Sesame Sauce:
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sesame Chicken:
- 4 to 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- Mix sauce ingredients a quart size bag labeled Sesame Sauce. Gently knead and seal well.
- Pour flour into gallon size bag. Seal and shake chicken strips until lightly coated. Drop chicken only into another gallon size bag labeled Sesame Chicken; throw out excess flour.
- Freeze sauce and chicken separately for a quick crock pot meal.
- Crock Pot Day: Thaw chicken and sauce 24 hours. Pour thawed chicken and sauce in crock pot. Add 1/2 to 1 cup water on top of the chicken making sure the chicken is submerged in sauce. Cook on low four to five hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with additional sesame seeds if desired. Serve over hot rice with veges.
- This fully cooked meal is re-freezable for quick meals.
Have you tried the crock pot kits in the frozen convenience section? Try making your own.