This recipe is so easy and versatile with different vegetables. I’m thinking of trying sliced carrots next time. I also recommend doubling the ingredients if you want to have leftovers. It barely feeds four adults with no leftovers. This is a freezer recipe I adapted from Take-Out, Fake-Out in order to be a frozen crock pot meal for busy moms. I’m super excited to share how delicious and fresh it tastes with the broccoli. I hope you love it as much as we do. Grab several chuck roasts on sale and make this freezer meal.
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup beef beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 lb. boneless, beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips (I used a bottom round, partially frozen)
- Frozen or frozen broccoli florets, about 2 cups
- sesame seeds and red pepper flakes for garnish, optional
- In a gallon size freezer bag, label the following directions: Beef and Broccoli, thaw 24 hours, crock on low for up to 6 hours. Add broccoli during the last hour.
- Mix together cornstarch and beef broth in bag.
- Add soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Gently place your slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
- Squeeze air out and freeze until ready to use.
- Crock pot on low and cook up to 6 hours or 8 if frozen.
- Toss in your broccoli florets the last cooking hour.
- Serve over hot brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes
What is your favorite Chinese take meal?