I have a freezer confession. I’ve had these pork ribs in my freezer for at least ten months (vacuum sealed). I received them with our CSA last summer and I’ve put off making them into a mouth watering meal. Until now…I’ve found the perfect crock pot homemade BBQ recipe to smother these babies in and they were inhaled by my family. I’m not a fan of pork so I would try beef next time. However, if you love pork, beef or chicken BBQ then you’re going to love this easy recipe made with kitchen staples.
This sauce could easily be frozen and used on the whim on any of your favorite meats or poultry. It can be quick thawed in cold water, thawed overnight in a thawing box or sliced open frozen and placed on top of a crock pot meal.
- 1 rack beef or pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup raw or regular sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut ribs into three portions or more if desired.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Pour into a quart size freezer bag if you want to crock the ribs in the future.
- Pour over ribs entirely.
- Crock for 6-8 hours on low.
What meat would you smother with this homemade BBQ sauce?