No, I’m not on a low-carb diet, but I couldn’t resist wrapping my chicken fajita in a large lettuce leaf. The recipe idea just made my mouth water so I quickly washed my leaf lettuce and grabbed my leftovers. The result, was simply satisfying and hit the spot. It’s like a salad, but much more fun eating it in a lettuce wrap. Here’s my line up of flavors wrapped inside: leftover chicken fajita tenders sauteed with peppers and onions leftover from a chicken fajitas dinner, Sargento shredded pepper jack cheese (this is the ultimate kicker) and homemade pico de gallo (also leftovers).
- Cooked Chicken Fajita meat
- Cooked peppers and onions, optional
- Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Pico De Gallo or salsa
- Sour Cream or Avocado, optional
- Large Lettuce Leaf (washed and patted dry)
- Wrap all the ingredients in a lettuce leaf. Roll up or use a toothpick to secure for presentation, if necessary. Enjoy immediately.
The spicy cheese made the wrap perfect, as well as the fresh pico de gallo. Avocado and/or sour cream would be great, too. Now, you know my secret to eating leftovers everyday. I often change it up and give it a new twist by turning it into a salad or wrap or grilled sandwich. I just re-make the leftover meat into something new and exciting and it tastes completely different.
So let’s be honest, do you love leftovers?