All in favor of chicken quesadillas, say I. Now think of your favorite quesadilla with Pepper Jack cheese. UMMMMMMM, is the final word and it’s so good with homemade pico de gallo, which is totally easy to whip up. I used my thawed convenience chicken, pico de gallo and shredded Pepper Jack. It is a medley of Mexican flavors that I’m craving as I type this post.
Here’s how I whip ours up in less than ten minutes:
- shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- shredded or chopped chicken
- Melt butter in a skillet and place a tortilla on top.
- Add chicken, cheese and pico de gallo on one side.
- Fold tortilla over and brown on both sides until cheese is melted. Turn down heat if necessary (when toppings are piled high).
- Place on a plate and cut in half with a pizza wheel.
- Serve with sour cream and avocado if desired.
Why pay $8 for quesadillas when you can make restaurant style ones at home?