A yummy breakfast burrito was served from my freezer this morning. I’ve been making these burritos in different ways for many years. I love to have them on hand when we camp. I often make my breakfast freezer wraps with potatoes or breakfast bagels, but this time I chose a pepper and onion mixture. I love having healthy, hearty meals for my family in no time. My husband and I often take a burrito for lunch when there’s no dinner leftovers. I can pull one out of my freezer in the morning and it can thaw by lunch in my bag. Feel free to leave out the vegetables and label the healthier ones with a “V” on the wax paper with a sharpie. I typically make a few without veggies for my picky eaters
It’s burrito on the go for breakfast, lunch or dinner at my house.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- 1 lb. lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 pepper, any color, finely diced
- 10-12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash Tabasco sauce, optional
- 8-10 medium size tortillas, warmed in microwave
- 1 -1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Label gallon size freezer bag: Breakfast burritos. Thaw and microwave 1-2 minutes on high. Frozen: 2 minutes on 50% power, high 1 minute.
- Saute onions and peppers in 1 T. healthy oil or butter. Remove from pan, set aside in large bowl.
- Brown turkey sausage until done. Add sausage to vegetables. Clean saute pan if desired for scrambled eggs.
- Whisk eggs and milk, salt, pepper and optional Tobasco. Cook scrambled eggs until set. Add sausage and vegetable mixture. Stir gently.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup egg mixture onto center of tortilla and 1 Tablespoon cheese on top.
- Roll burrito style. I like to allow mine to fully cool if I am freezing all my burritos.
- Wrap individually in parchment or wax paper. Store in air tight gallon size freezer bag.Remove as desired.
What do you like in your breakfast burrito?