There’s something about the words, “No Cook” and freezer cooking. It appeals to me greatly. Here’s another version of enchiladas that I’ve tweaked from 5dollardinners.com to make it a freezer meal you don’t have to cook at all prior to freezing. I just love it about as much as my no boil manicotti (which requires no cooking prior to freezing either). I hope you enjoy and add it to your ministry meals.
Adapted from Erin’s 15 Bean Enchiladas recipe
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can corn, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 12-16 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Prepare the tomato sauce by mixing the taco seasoning into the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cheese and taco seasoning. Spoon into the corn tortillas. Roll and lay seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Repeat until use all tortillas.
- Pour the taco-tomato sauce over the top. Then sprinkle the Mexican blend shredded cheese over the top.
- Garnish with black olives, pickled jalepeno and/or chopped cilantro if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and cheese has melted.
- Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.
Freezer Preparation: Label your foil with the cooking directions, Thaw 24 hours, bake covered 350 for 30 minutes or until hot. Uncover and bake additional 5 minutes. Garnish and serve.
This makes an awesome mexican meal to take to the needy: family, friends, co-workers, neighbor or boss.
What’s your favorite no cook meal?