Fall is in the air with these apple brownies. We love these tasty morsels for dessert. I caught my husband eating them for breakfast. They are so delicious warmed and served with vanilla ice cream.
You can imagine how quickly two of these disappear in my family of six.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup apples, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Tablespoons cinnamon
- walnut pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar & 1/2 cup white sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt & baking powder, mix well.
- Add flour and mix again. Batter will be thicker than brownies at this stage.
- Fold in diced apples. Batter should begin to thin to more brownie like consistency.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- In a small dish, mix topping. Sprinkle on top of apple mixture. Throw on some walnut pieces if you like!
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into brownie squares. A plastic knife or plastic utensil works best for cutting brownies. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Be sure to try all of our favorite apple desserts here.
I made two pans and wrapped for lunches. Will you make a double batch for fall lunches?