Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
We rotate leftovers, wraps, sandwiches and salads for lunch.
- Crock pot no boil mac and cheese (new recipe this week) , Salmon patties, salad
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff, freezer mashed potatoes, green beans
- Crock Pot Southwest Chili, homestyle cornbread
- Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken (new freezer kit), brown rice (doubling, freezing extra)
- Pumpkin pancakes, turkey bacon, fried eggs, fruit
- Meatball subs, crock pot sweet potatoes (crock pot full and pureeing, freezing extra)
- Three Pie Pizza Kit (tripled for my daughter’s birthday), salad, cheesy breadsticks and homemade ice cream cake
It’s a crock pot week for us. I guess that’s why I’m so pumped about teaching our crock pot mania class at the end of the month. I had the blessing of celebrating my husband’s 20-year class reunion. I felt like we were going to the Senior dance all over again since we dated in high school. We returned to the dance floor twenty years later and still had our groove I wonder what it will be like in another 10 years!
My oldest is turning twelve this week and we’ll celebrate with a family party and her requested chocolate chip mint ice cream cake. I promise to share. Have an awesome week, friends.
Did you do anything fun this weekend? Are you crockin’ anything like me?