Grilled Southwest Egg Rolls
Nearly every meal I prepare consists of foods I have cooked or baked in bulk and frozen. I thaw items in a plastic shoe box to prevent condensation dripping onto my shelves (I’ve learned from experience). Then I shop my freezer from my freezer inventory, to see what goodies I can thaw and serve to my family and others. I write these items down on a seven-day menu plan and post it on my refrigerator as a reminder to thaw my food 24 hours ahead of time. Typically right after the dishes are done, I check my menu plan and put new items into my thawing box and slash them off my freezer inventory.
We rotate the same breakfast items each week:
- Freezer waffles with fresh/frozen seasonal fruit or homemade syrup
- Homemade Crock pot yogurt with homemade granola
- Oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts and raw sugar
- Cheerios with bananas and milk
- Scrambled eggs and quick bread like banana or zucchini
- We rotate leftovers, sandwiches, salads and wraps for lunch.
- Grilled Steak fajitas using freezer marinade, grilled southwest egg rolls
- Grilled Tilapia, grilled cheesy potato skins and roasted rosemary lemon garlic asparagus
- Leftover ham with egg and cheese on freezer buterhorns, fresh fruit salad
- Garlic Shrimp, crock pot baked potatoes, cranberry almond wilted kale
- Southwest taco chili (freezer) with cheese over oven baked fries for kids, southwest chili salad for parents
- Triple Bean veggie burgers, spinach salad
I’ve got several grilling recipes going on this week. It’s going to be nearly 70 on some days; oh how glorious! We are taking advantage of this nice weather and having some outdoor meals. Earlier in the week I prepped burgers and egg rolls for the grill. I’ve already got fajita marinade, butterhorns and chili in the freezer. It’s just the way I roll. I’ll do a one hour power session when I have time and most of the time I’m just doubling up what I’m already having and freeze it for a future meal.
What’s on your freezer cooking menu this week?