Chicken in three different flavors, anyone? I’ve got three types of marinated chicken on the grill tonight. The night before we grill, I thawed three bags of chicken cutlets I marinated in bulk. Now, I’m grilling in bulk to save myself more time in the kitchen. I like to make my favorite grilled convenience chicken for awesome quick meals during the summer. Our family is always on the go and the cooked convenience chicken is handy for all kinds of meals like, pasta salad, wraps, quesadillas, panani sandwiches, salads, and more.
I begin by grilling all the chicken. Like I said earlier, I like to have a selection of flavors on hand because I’ve marinated 40# in advance. See the full post here, along with the freezer marinades.
I had my sweet hubbie grill:
I cover these beautiful plates of chicken with foil to keep them moist and ready to eat when we are.
This creates a little bit of broth that I add to my sliced convenience chicken. See the full post on how I slice and bag the convenience chicken here.
Now what to make for dinner? We decided to have an Asian Chicken Salad using diced Asian Honey Sesame Chicken.
Asian Chicken Salad
This can be made with any of the following ingredients:
- Lettuce leaves: Romaine lettuce, green leaf or spinach
- Sweet fruit: blueberries/strawberries, mandarin oranges, apple slices
- Protein: Asian Honey Sesame Chicken
- Nuts: Honey Roasted Peanuts, sunflower seeds, almonds or walnuts (chow mein noodles are good too)
- Sweet dressing: I make our own using 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons raw sugar or honey, pinch of salt and pepper whisked well.
After a full tummy, I can focus better and prepare my convenience chicken for the freezer.
Salads come together in a snap when you have grilled convenience chicken. Now go grill a bunch of chicken so you can freeze it.
Have you grilled chicken and re-frozen as a time saver?