- 4 cups Ultra Grain Flour or 2 cups unbleached all-purpose plus 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cup butter, 3 1/2 sticks cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, salt and sugar. Cut in butter with paddle attachment until pea-sized lumps. You may have to use your hands during the last part to evenly disperse butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat vinegar, egg, and water. Add to flour/butter mixture and mix on stir mode just enough to make a dough. Mixture will be sticky. Do not over mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Roll on floured surface and fill with desired fillings.
- Or divide dough in six equal portions and flatten into a disk. Freeze in quart size bags squeezing the air out. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours prior to use.
- Roll and bake as desired.
Do you make your own homemade pie crusts?