Does “no bake” get you excited in this hot weather? Here’s a snack or dessert that requires no baking and a snap to make. This is my new protein snack after the gym. It’s easy to make in advance and have on hand in the freezer any time I need natural sugar. And because I’m a nice mom, I share with my kids and hubby when they need a little protein too:) Seriously, this is a fun hand held protein snack for kids. They think they’re eating cookie dough balls, which is seriously fun at our house.
It’s very vesatile and forgiving. You can use what you have on hand and add more or less of ingredients to make a sticky dough. If it’s too sticky, just refrigerate a while and then proceed to dip out those cute little balls. Isn’t this more economical than protein bars and cute to pack in lunches?
recipe adapted from moneysavingmom
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, wheat germ or sesame seeds or nuts (or a combo)
- 1/2 cup protein powder (any flavor)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or regular
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients with a stand mixer. Dip out 1-inch balls using a cookie scoop.
- Flash freeze balls until firm.
- Store in air tight container in freezer for long term storage or refrigerator for short term.
- Thaw 15 minutes prior to serving or place in lunch boxes frozen. Devour when ready.