Have you ever made a pancake/waffle breakfast for 75? I can’t say I have until now. As you can tell from the picture above, we used the real stuff (no waffle or pancake mix around our church). Our youth meeting happens to be in the library of a private Christian Academy. Long story short, my husband and I have moved to our east campus starting out with about 60 youth, fifth through twelfth grade. We have about a dozen leaders.
My best tips:
- Make sure you have adequate power supply (ours breaker tripped due to a power overage). Just check your power sources for enough plugs.
- Use quality ingredients (we love King Arthur unbleached all-purpose; we didn’t use white whole wheat flour in the recipes since the kids are used to white flour, but we did go for unbleached)
- Provide lots of fun toppings below.
- Enlist a lot of helpers and ask them to bring an electric griddle or waffle maker.
- Allow 45 minutes to an hour for prepping, cooking and chopping.
- 27 eggs (2 and half dozen)
- 2 bags unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 gallons milk
- 1 large canola oil
- 2 large containers baking powder
- 1 container salt
- mini-choc. chips (2 bags)
- chocolate syrup (2 large)
- cherries (2 large)
- Spray whipped cream (4 large)
- fresh strawberries (4 pounds), bananas (2 pounds)
- 6 bottles syrup
- sprinkles (1 large)
- whipped butter
What’s the largest number of people you’ve hosted for breakfast?