Summer is at it’s peak with squash, zucchini and red peppers.
Why not grill extra vegetables to make quick meals, like pasta salad usingfrozen penne? I recently did and my lunch was fabulous and quick.
I slice my vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, along with minced zucchini and drizzle them with olive oil. I grill them along with my bulk chicken while the grill is heated (even though I’m not eating them tonight). Okay, confession time, my hubby is grilling it all. It’s called working smarter, not harder. Why not heat the grill once and make grill lots of chicken and veges together for future meals?
This the quick pasta salad I threw together using the following ingredients:
Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- Grilled Italian Chicken
- Grilled Vegetables (Zucchini, Squash and red pepper slices)
- Cooked Pasta (I use my frozen pasta and thawed a bag the night before, it can also thaw in a bowl of cold water quicker)
- handful of loosely chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Frozen black beans, thawed (optional)