- Pack hot items separately in a glass bowl.
- Pack cold items like the condiments for the pintos and cheese above.
- Wrap items like, chips, tostadas separately from the main entree. The meal comes together after re-heating.
- Think individual sizes for toddlers, like the spaghetti and marinara below. This comes in handy when the family is eating a spicy meal and you don’t want to cook a separate meal for the little one. Pull from the freezer and microwave at 50% power for two minutes and then microwave on high up to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Consider freezing quart size bags of extra cooked pasta for quick lunches for children at home.
- Be sure to squeeze all the excess air out of bags (these re-heat best when they’re thawed 24 hours) and fill the dishes to the top to prevent freezer burn.
Or how about a coupon for your pre-school young grade school kid. Thank you to babalisme for these treat coupons. Click here.
Packing lunches will never be the same if we take time to cook extra, freeze accordingly and send a little love!
What’s your favorite lunch to pack? Have you considered freezer cooking as a way to pack healthy lunches?