My favorite dessert just came in a frozen state for summer. It’s stawberry cheesecake on a spoon and my mouth is savoring every cool bite in this humid weather. I hope you have the chance to try a low-fat version with or without an ice cream maker. The machine just speeds up the freezing process a bit, but it’s totally worth the overnight wait if you don’t have a machine. Surpise your guests at your next cook out, pot luck or luncheon on the patio. They’ll never believe you hand dipped this deliciousness from your own homemade ice cream bucket.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh stawberries, blended until smooth
- 1-8oz. pkg. low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 3 graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- Blend berries in a blender until smooth.
- Add berries and the remaining ingredients, except graham crackers in a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment, mix until well blended and creamy.
- *Pour cream cheese mixture into ice cream maker with berries. Run 30 minutes until semi-soft and fold in grahams last.
- Freeze overnight or until the desired firmness and texture is achieved.
- Remove ice cream 15 minutes prior to serving. Let stand at room temperature before dipping.
- *The ice cream maker step can be omitted and all the ingredients can be frozen in a large container for 8 or more hours.
You’ll know why I had to adapt this philly recipe into a low-fat version after you taste it. You just might be making it every week this summer:)