Here’s the thawed freezer items for this dinner meal:
Frozen Cooked Italian Vegetables (reheats easily in microwave)
Frozen Cooked Thin Spaghetti (reheats easily in microwave with a tablespoon or two of water)
Frozen Alfredo Sauce (reheats using double boiler method on stove), see a tutorial how to freeze liquids here.
Feel free to double this easy recipe adapted from Our Best Bites to have a lot of sauce on hand.
- 2 cup low-fat milk (I use 2%)
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) low-fat cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoon flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1-2 garlic cloves, optional (I use one for kid’s sake)
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use the real stuff, not powder)
- Blend milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt in a blender until smooth.
- In a non-stick sauce pan, melt butter on med-high heat and add garlic.
- Saute’ garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add milk mixture to the pan.
- Stir constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes or until it just comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir cheese in and cover.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes or longer to thicken.
- Thaw frozen sauce completely and reheat leftovers adding 1 tablespoon milk or water to thin.
How would you serve Alfredo sauce to your family?