What’s Alice Springs without the shrooms (mushrooms) bacon and cheese, e? Think healthier with me. I grill a packet of peppers, onions and shrooms along side the chicken and we’re almost set.
I top the grilled chicken with the sauteed veges from the grill, lay two halves of turkey bacon (microwaved) and sprinkle Monterey Jack Cheese on top. The bacon could be grilled on a piece of foil as well. It’s healthified with more veges, less fat and grilled instead of pan sauteed.
It’s still packed with flavor and juiciness from the marinade and you get your “Outback” fix.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied into cutlets
- Grilled Vege Packet:
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 colored pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter/olive oil
- Cooked turkey bacon slices, optional
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- Whisk marinade ingredients completely.
- Place chicken and marinade in a gallon size bag, squeezing air out. Marinate over night/all day or freeze. Thaw 24 hours prior to grilling.
- Grill vegetable packet in foil with a tablespoon of butter or olive oil.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil for 5 minutes to seal in juices.
- Top chicken with veges, bacon and cheese.
What’s your favorite menu item at the Outback Steakhouse?