What’s Alice Springs without the shrooms (mushrooms) bacon and cheese, e? Think healthier with me. I grill a packet of peppers, onions and shrooms along side the chicken and we’re almost set.
It’s still packed with flavor and juiciness from the marinade and you get your “Outback” fix.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied into cutlets
- Grilled Vege Packet:
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 colored pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter/olive oil
- Cooked turkey bacon slices, optional
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- Whisk marinade ingredients completely.
- Place chicken and marinade in a gallon size bag, squeezing air out. Marinate over night/all day or freeze. Thaw 24 hours prior to grilling.
- Grill vegetable packet in foil with a tablespoon of butter or olive oil.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil for 5 minutes to seal in juices.
- Top chicken with veges, bacon and cheese.
What’s your favorite menu item at the Outback Steakhouse?