I made a slight adjustment using lime juice instead of lemon, which I know would work just fine, but I love lime.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Make ahead Marinade
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt (choose salt-free if you’re watching sodium intake)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (sub out 1-2 minced garlic cloves for more flavor)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Mix marinade in a labeled gallon size bag if you are freezing.
- Massage marinade into 1 -1/2 to 2 pounds skirt steak or chicken.
- Squeeze air out and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in plastic shoe box before grilling.
- Grill until done.
This can be grilled indoors on a grilling pan if weather doesn’t permit outdoor grilling.
Skirt or flank steak should be grilled until medium and allowed to stand 5 minutes. Slice against the grain into serving pieces and mix with grilled vegetables. We grill a variety of sliced peppers and onions and seasonal zucchini open face on a piece of foil to go along with ours. During warmer weather, I love to make fresh pico de gallo or black bean and corn salsa.
It’s worthy for a family picnic or guests. We’re making ours an after church event.
Did you know you can and should grill extra convenience chicken or steak for quick summer meals?
Do you love easy fajitas?