I’ve been searching for an easy carmel sauce with no corn syrup and this is it! YUM is the word on everything fall. I can’t wait to make Apple Nachos and serve this with all my favorite apple recipes, like apple crisp, applelicious bars,
slightly adapted from Heavenly Homemakers
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place first three ingredients in a heavy-duty medium saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. After it comes to a full boil, whisk continuously for one minute.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract.
- Cool and use with your favorite recipes. Store in a pint size mason jar in the refrigerator. Reheat if desired.
This topping is so yummy on apples slices with homemade granola and mini-chocolate chips. It’s become a fall staple dessert that my family loves.
How would you serve your caramel sauce?