Did you know brownies are freezer friendly? Probably not if you’re like us and a pan disappears within a day. So why not make two pans and freeze one for lunch box treats? Allow the pan to cool completely, cut into individual bars and wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Place slices in a gallon size bag and pack frozen on lunch days. They will help keep lunch items cool and taste fresh. If you really want a treat, warm your brownie and top it with homemade vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. This is where my homemade vanilla extract tastes awesome.
- 2/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour (I use white whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk well.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spray a 9×13 pan and spread batter.
- Bake until 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted two inches away from the sides comes clean.
If you love dark chocolate like I do, be sure to try my dark chocolate ice cream cake. What’s your favorite dark chocolate dessert?