Are you looking for an easy breakfast idea, complete with protein, carbohydrates and vegetables? How about my crock pot quiche. It’s so easy because the majority of it is mixed in a blender for ten seconds. Then you layer your favorite ingredients like breakfast meat, cheese and veggies.Crock for two hours and you got an easy, delish breakfast, lunch or dinner. Look how the crust settles to the bottom as it cooks.
How about taking this to share at your next Mom’s breakfast meeting? Or enjoy it yourself like we did for several days.
1. Add the following to a blender:
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 3 T. minced onion
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (I use King Arthur white whole wheat)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups milk
- 6 eggs
Blend for 10 seconds. Pour into well sprayed crock pot.
2. Layer 1/2 cup of your favorite mix-in:
- Fresh or frozen broccoli
- Fresh or frozen well drained chopped spinach
- Cooked sausage, chopped ham, bacon or salami
- Fresh or well drained can mushrooms
3. Top with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, your choice:
- Sharp cheddar
- Monterey Jack
Crock 2-3 hours or until eggs are set, not jiggly. I crocked mine for 2 hours, 15 minutes. Check with a toothpick if desired. Uncover. Eggs will continue to set and cook as the quiche cools. The quiche is better the next day, warmed after it’s completely set. Serve quiche with fruit or side salad as a brunch or dinner.
What toppings would you add to your crock pot quiche?