Are you wishing you didn’t have to boil your macaroni noodles before adding the good stuff? I’ve wished it many times and decided to keep experimenting until I find the easy way. That’s the way I roll in the kitchen. I’m trying find the most efficient way to cook a delicious meal. Here’s another version of no boil macaroni I’ve developed for crock pot. I’m way too busy with four or more kiddos on most days to stop and boil macaroni noodles. Be sure to add nitrate free sliced hot dogs or cubed ham, such as Applegate or another favorite product, to turn this into a main dish. Just add a salad or vegetable and you’re ready to go. I’ve heard reports some of you have added broccoli florets to the other no boil oven macaroni recipe I posted awhile back. It’s more flavorful with the onion powder and chicken broth while this one is your standard kid’s mac and cheese that can be dressed up or down.
If you really want to crock in a hurry, make a freezer kit for crockin’ day.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup extra cheese for top, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a freezer size gallon bag with the following instructions:
- Thaw 24 hours. Pour into a crock pot sprayed with cooking spray.
- Crock about two to three hours on low until noodles are tender. Unplug.
- Sprinkle additional cheese, cover until melted.
How do you like your mac and cheese?