Head to your freezer if you are craving an easy BBQ chicken meal. I like to make crock pot freezer meals with plenty of staples and this one is no exception. Who needs to buy an expensive bottle of BBQ sauce or purchase a cheap one with high fructose syrup when you can make this flavorful sauce with just a handful of healthy ingredients? Hooray for pantry staples. I also have the pleasure of sharing a poultry line of healthy products called Harvestland. I have found a limited selection at my local Wal-Mart.
Harvestland and I share the same passion of bringing fresh, wholesome food to the table. That is exactly why I agreed to purchase and review their line of fresh products ranging from fresh, refrigerated, organic,frozen to fully cooked. I’ve enjoyed sampling a variety, including a whole chicken to make my homemade chicken noodle soup as well as the boneless chicken breasts for this simple crock pot meal.
Harvestland promotes a wide range of antibiotic-free chicken, turkey and pork are pure and simple, just like our ancestors would have eaten.
No Antibiotics Ever
Fed All-Vegetarian Diet With No Animal By-Products
Raised Cage Free
I appreciate the quality and care of the products they sell at Wal-Mart, Harris Teeter, Publix and more retailers. It means I can trust this for my family’s health and nutrition.
Typically I would use two large chicken breasts from Sams or Ingles because of the enormous size, but my recipe accounts for “normal” size chicken breasts (raised without hormones/antibiotics) and three to four can easily be used and feed a family of six.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used HarvestLand Chicken Breasts)
- 1-6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2-6 oz. cans water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder (optional, but adds a punch of sweetness)
- Label gallon size freezer bag: BBQ Chicken, thaw 24 hrs. Crock on low for 8 hours.Shred chicken last hour.
- Combine tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, hot sauce, and curry powder in bag kneading gently to create BBQ sauce.
- Submerge chicken in sauce and squeeze out air. Freeze.
- Crocking Day: Top with slaw or bread and butter pickle on a whole wheat bun after shredding; yummo!
There are other fantastic looking recipes on the Harvestland website. I am impressed with the organized index and how delicious everything looks. I am particularly interested in converting this chicken and dumplings meal into a crock pot recipe. I’ll keep you posted since my Harvestland whole chicken is in the freezer.
Because I love passing my frugal tips and savings on to you, there’s a $1.00 coupon on their website here.
Disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.
How do you eat your BBQ chicken sandwiches?