Need a delicious side? This is a serious super food known as one of the healthiest vegetables. It’s loaded with goodies like sliced almonds and cranberries to tempt your taste buds. Oh it’s become my favorite way to serve cooked kale and I’m buying kale on a weekly basis for salads, green smoothies and sides. This is just one tantalizing way to add it to your diet.
- 4-6 cups kale, trimmed with tough stems removed (I buy the chopped kale)
- 2 Tablespoons olive, canola or coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken, vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oil and garlic on medium heat.
- Add kale and begin to saute.
- Add broth or water and steam until slightly wilted.
- Add cranberries and almonds right before serving.
What’s your favorite way to serve kale?