I love soup I can throw together in a crock pot in the morning and forget about it until 6 o’clock when I’m hungry. However, you won’t forget about this recipe when you smell the aroma all day (if you’re at home). Try this fix it and forget soup using chicken or turkey leftovers. I chose to use our cubed leftover grilled chicken fajita. It’s another no fuss meal at the Brown house.
This recipe is easily adapted to use leftover holiday turkey. Simply substitute cooked shredded or chopped turkey for the chicken. An MSG free taco seasoning packet can enhance the flavor of the turkey or feel free use it with unseasoned chicken.
- 2-3 cups chopped cooked, fajita chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cartons chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can chopped or diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can corn, rinsed or 16 oz. frozen corn
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- MSG-free taco seasoning packet, optional if chicken is unseasoned
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Set on low for eight hours or high for six hours.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped avocado, chopped cilantro and/or sour cream.
This is linked to Frugal Friday What’s your favorite soup?