It’s burrito on the go for breakfast, lunch or dinner at my house.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- 1 lb. lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 pepper, any color, finely diced
- 10-12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash Tabasco sauce, optional
- 8-10 medium size tortillas, warmed in microwave
- 1 -1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Label gallon size freezer bag: Breakfast burritos. Thaw and microwave 1-2 minutes on high. Frozen: 2 minutes on 50% power, high 1 minute.
- Saute onions and peppers in 1 T. healthy oil or butter. Remove from pan, set aside in large bowl.
- Brown turkey sausage until done. Add sausage to vegetables. Clean saute pan if desired for scrambled eggs.
- Whisk eggs and milk, salt, pepper and optional Tobasco. Cook scrambled eggs until set. Add sausage and vegetable mixture. Stir gently.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup egg mixture onto center of tortilla and 1 Tablespoon cheese on top.
- Roll burrito style. I like to allow mine to fully cool if I am freezing all my burritos.
- Wrap individually in parchment or wax paper. Store in air tight gallon size freezer bag.Remove as desired.
What do you like in your breakfast burrito?